- Log in to Cygna customer portal. In the portal, check your license status or request a trial, and then download Cygna Auditor.
- Double-click the installer to start the setup wizard.
- On the End User License Agreement page, carefully read the license text and then accept the license terms if you agree with them.
- On the Destination Folder page, review a default installation path (C:\Program Files\Cygna Labs) or click Change to specify an alternative installation folder.
On the Active Directory Credentials page, specify our corporate Active Directory forest and enter user credentials.
Cygna Auditor prepopulates the forest and user fields with the name of your domain and your current user account; update them if necessary. Make sure the account you specify has sufficient permissions to create objects in Active Directory.
On the Cygna Auditor repository page, select the SQL Server instance name from the list or input it in one of the following formats: hostname\instance (e.g., DemoSQL\SQL16) or hostname,port (e.g., DemoSQL,1833).
Cygna Labs recommends using Standard or Enterprise edition of SQL Server. Express edition is only suitable for evaluation purposes and requires additional configuration steps. For more information, see Configuring Additional Steps for SQL Server Express.
On the Database Creation Credentials page, enter the user credentials, authentication type (SQL or Windows), and test connection. The user account you specify must have sufficient permissions to create a database on your SQL Server instance. Cygna Auditor will use this database to store collected audit data.
Note: SQL authentication is a recommended method. If you select Windows authentication method, make sure to check out Updating Application Pool Identity.
On the Cygna Customer Portal Credentials page, provide credentials you use to log in to Cygna customer portal. The product will verify the license key and continue to use these credentials to periodically check and update your license status.
Note: The product requires internet access to verify the license. If the computer where you install Cygna Auditor has no internet access, contact Cygna Labs sales representative to discuss the possible options.
- On the Ready to install Cygna Auditor page, click Install. During the installation, all necessary files and folders will be created, services started, Cygna Auditor web-console will be deployed as a website on your IIS, and the audit database will be created in a specified SQL Server instance.
QUICK TIP: Have you read the Planning Deployment section? Ensure the computer where you plan to install Cygna Auditor has .NET Framework 4.6 (including ASP.4.6) and Web server (IIS) role enabled.